Results for Ryan's Free THANK YOU eBook Sale

In order to celebrate the recent release of my new novel Eye Candy, I had a two-day sale last weekend. Saturday and Sunday, most of my titles were free for digital download through Amazon's KDP Select program.

It was two days of advertising mayhem. And it was a blast!

I must say, it was a roaring success.

So THANK YOU to everyone who purchased a book or retweeted one of my tweets announcing the sale, both before and during the actual two-day event. I couldn't have done it with out you.

I thought I would share some of the numbers with you. My fellow writers will no doubt find this intriguing, and hopefully readers do as well. The indie publishing phenomenon is ever changing, and it can be difficult to determine which advertising tactics are best (and which ones aren't so productive).

The only advertising I did was on Twitter. I did a similar sale last year on Halloween and sold over 1000 books. So I thought I would try it again in order to share the news about Eye Candy.

The first day (Saturday), sales really took off in the Amazon UK market. I was pleasantly surprised.

A few hours later, similar numbers began to appear for the US market as well. I remained pleasantly surprised.

I continued to work Twitter like mad. I contacted as many fellow writers as possible and asked them to RT to their followers, which of course they did. (THANK YOU, guys!)

Sunday rolled around and my head was spinning. But the numbers continued to rise. Amazon UK began to slow down by midday, but the US kept on charging. Perhaps folks in the UK weren't on their computers as much on Sunday as they had been on Saturday.

France, Germany, and Canada all had sales, with Canada leading the pack. I even had my very first sale in Japan, which is great because I think Japanese readers would enjoy my books.

Only Spain and Brasil showed zero sales. Alas, something to shoot for next time!

By Sunday at midnight Pacific Standard Time, the sale concluded.

Overall, Eye Candy was the title downloaded the most, which is what I wanted given that it's a brand new book and I wanted to get it into readers' hands so they could enjoy it, spread the word, post reviews, and get hooked so as to purchase my other titles.

Total Books Sold: 1344

Books sold by country:
US 1046
UK 210
DE 46
FR 4
ES 0
IT 2
JP 1
CA 35
BR 0

Books sold by title:
#1 Eye Candy 357
#2 The Leap 113
#3 Get Off 94

The remaining titles decreased slowly, but most were in the 60 range, with the lowest being in the 30s.

Overall, I am thrilled with the outcome of the sale. It's impossible to know exactly how many people purchased books because many people purchased multiple titles or even a copy of every title.

I am perfectly happy with this.

The sale has already begun to generate new reviews, which is always nice, especially when they're positive; plus they help foster sales by building credibility.

The next couple of weeks will reveal if there is an increase or decrease in sales averages. For my next sale, I will do a coordinated effort utilizing other channels both free and paid (Goodreads, BookBub, etc...) and will compare the results. I'm excited to see what happens.

But more than that, I'm excited that so many people now own a copy of Eye Candy. 357 to be exact. I hope each and every one of them reads the book and enjoys it. That's what this is all about. Writing from the heart to share a story I was passionate about and spent a year-and-a-half writing. The sharing is the manifestation of the original idea. We now have a global campfire around which we can all sit and enjoy a good story.


To that end, I want to say Thank You once again, and I look forward to sharing many more stories with each of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up With Writer Roy Huff @realroyhuff

10 Questions with Author Sandra Glosser (@baccibone1)

10 Questions with Thriller Writer C.W. Lemoine (@CWLemoine)